A stone’s throw from Kingston, Amherstview is a picturesque community known for its serene beauty and welcoming atmosphere. At Bergeron Clifford, we have proudly served this community with trusted legal advice, supporting numerous individuals through personal injury cases over the years.
Potential Personal Injury Claims in Amherstview
Nestled alongside the shores of Lake Ontario, Amherstview offers its residents a tranquil haven away from the bustling urban life. However, the tranquility of the area is often disrupted when accidents occur, leaving individuals and families grappling with the physical, emotional, and financial repercussions of personal injuries. Common occurrences resulting in these injuries include car accidents and slips and falls. Stemming from these incidents, many people choose to file legal claims as a result of the ongoing complications due to their injuries.
Our Practice Areas
Since 1999, our firm has worked to serve those suffering from various injuries as a result of serious accidents. Our expertise includes but is not limited to:
- Brain Injury Cases: Brain injuries can have long-lasting effects and may require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. Our firm helps victims seek fair compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Spinal Cord Injury Cases: Spinal cord injuries can lead to lifelong disabilities. We can help victims secure financial compensation for ongoing medical care, adaptive equipment, and necessary home modifications.
- Psychological Injury Cases: Psychological injuries are often invisible but can significantly impact a person’s life. We assist in proving the emotional distress to help provide resources for therapy and treatment.
Supporting Amherstview Personal Injury Victims
At Bergeron Clifford, we have dedicated our firm to supporting injured clients throughout Amherstview and surrounding areas. We are a Top 10 Personal Injury law firm in Canada, which has built a reputation as reliable and compassionate personal injury lawyers.
Frequently asked questions:
What is the legal process for pursuing a personal injury claim?
If you have decided to pursue a personal injury claim, you likely have a few concerns regarding the process and what to expect. Here is a general overview of the steps we take following a client reaching out to us:
- Initial Consultation: During this meeting, the lawyer will assess the details of your case and determine if you have a valid claim.
- Investigation: This may involve gathering evidence, such as medical records, accident reports, and witness statements.
- Demand Letter: Your lawyer may send a demand letter to the responsible party or their insurance company, outlining your claim, the damages you’re seeking, and the basis for your claim.
- Negotiation: Negotiations often follow, where your lawyer and the opposing party work to reach a settlement. This can involve back-and-forth communication and may result in an agreement without going to court.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If a settlement cannot be reached, your lawyer may file a lawsuit on your behalf. This initiates the formal legal process.
If you’re case proceeds to court, we will continue to provide the utmost dedication to your well-being and attention to detail as it relates to your claim. In many cases, personal injury claims can be resolved through negotiation.
How long do personal injury cases typically take?
The timeline for personal injury cases can be uncertain, as every journey is unique. Simple cases may resolve quickly within a few months, while more complex ones may take longer, up to a year or more. No matter the length of your case, please understand that we’re dedicated to guiding you with empathy every step of the way.
How do I know if I have a strong personal injury case?
Determining the viability of your case rests on various considerations, such as:
- Liability: Understanding the impact of the harm and who is responsible.
- Injuries: Recognizing the emotional and physical toll your injuries have taken.
- Evidence: Acknowledging the importance of strong evidence supporting your claim.
- Causation: Establishing the link between the actions of the responsible party and your suffering.
- Insurance: Evaluating whether there’s sufficient insurance coverage to provide the support you need.
Your pain is deeply understood, and we encourage you to reach out for a comprehensive consultation with our firm to fully assess your case. We’re here to support you through this journey with understanding and care.
Contact Bergeron | Clifford LLP
Contact us at 866-384-5886 or fill out our online form if you have had a concussion or other head injury in Eastern Ontario. We can meet you at our office locations in Kingston, Ottawa, Carleton Place, Perth or other local offices, or wherever is most convenient for you.