Home > Accidents > Ontario Auto Accident Law – What Forms are Needed to Apply for Accident Benefits after an Auto Accident in Kingston or Ottawa?

Ontario Auto Accident Law – What Forms are Needed to Apply for Accident Benefits after an Auto Accident in Kingston or Ottawa?

After Ontario car or truck accidents, it is obviously important for injured drivers and passengers to contact the police. In addition, injured drivers and passengers also need to contact their auto insurance companies as soon as possible. The reason is that Ontario auto insurance companies provide accident benefits to insured drivers and passengers. Some of the benefits include medical and rehabilitation benefits and income replacement benefits.

After an injured, insured driver contacts his/her insurance company, the driver will receive forms to complete in order to access his/her accident benefits. However, filling out Ontario accident benefit application forms can be confusing and challenging. This article will explain the different forms injured drivers and passengers receive from their auto insurance companies.

OCF-1 – Application for Accident Benefits

This form is for insured Ontario drivers/passengers who are applying for accident benefits for the first time as a result of an accident. The form has about 8 pages, and the injured drivers/passengers have to answer questions regarding:

  • status in the vehicle, i.e., whether the injured insured was a driver, passenger or pedestrian at the time of the auto accident;
  • details of the accident;
  • health information, i.e., injuries sustained;
  • work status at the time of the accident; and
  • income for the past 52 weeks to determine income replacement benefits.

OCF-2 – Employer’s Confirmation of Income

This form is necessary in order for injured insured drivers or passengers to receive income replacement benefits. This form has to be given to the insured’s employer. If an insured driver/passenger had different employers during the 52 weeks prior to the car or truck accident, each employer in that period must fill out a form. It is important to note that the auto insurance company may also ask for other proof of income, in addition to the completed form.

OCF-3 – Disability Certificate

This form has to be filled out by the injured driver/passenger’s health practitioner, i.e., physician, chiropractor, dentist, nurse practitioner, etc. This form is important because it tells the insurance company of the injured individual’s injuries. It will ask the medical provider to provide information regarding the driver/passenger’s injuries and previous injuries.

OCF-5 – Permission to Disclose Health Information

If asked, insured drivers/passengers must complete this form, which gives the auto insurance company access to the insured drivers/passengers’ medical records from their medical providers. These medical records help auto insurance companies determine the injured drivers/passengers’ eligibility to receive accident benefits.

Need help filling out accident benefits forms after an Ontario car accident? Contact the car accident lawyers at Bergeron and Clifford at 1-866-384-5886 to schedule a FREE consultation.

Contact Bergeron | Clifford LLP

Let us help you if you have been injured anywhere in Eastern Ontario. Contact us at 866-384-5886 or fill out our online form. We can meet at any of our office locations, including Kingston, Ottawa, Whitby, Carleton Place, Perth or wherever is most convenient for you.

Insurance Tactics

This article, hosted by the American Association of Justice, shows us how some insurance companies unjustly deny claims, discriminate by credit score, delay payments until death, and employ other tactics to make sure they make the most profit as possible, […]

Bergeron Clifford Takes the Gold!

Bergeron Clifford is proud to support Kingston Literacy by participating in the 15th Annual Grate Groan Up Spelling Bee. The Bee took place on May 17th, 2009, at the Ambassador Hotel, which is a new venue for the event. Team […]