Finding an injury lawyer is easy. Finding the right injury lawyer is not.
Here are 7 essential points to bear in mind when choosing an injury lawyer:
1) Does the lawyer have any experience? It doesn't take any experience to put up glossy ads and make big promises. It takes experience to get great results.
2) What do others say about the lawyer? Injury lawyers live and breathe on reputation. Without it, insurance companies don't take them seriously.
3) Did you feel comfortable when you called the lawyer's office? Your relationship with your lawyer is a close one built on trust. If the lawyer's staff make you feel like you're imposing, time to move on.
4) Do you trust the lawyer? Go with gut on this one. Don't trust big promises. Trust confidence and competence.
5) Does the lawyer reflect your personality? Your injury lawyer will be speaking for you in one of the most important matters you'll ever have. Will you come out of this with your dignity intact?
6) Does the injury lawyer listen? A lawyer who talks non-stop is not listening to you. Injury law is all about story-telling. Your injury lawyer must know your story in order to properly share it with the defendant's insurance company and if necessary, with a judge and jury. Pick an injury lawyer who listens well.
7) Does the lawyer return your call within a reasonable time? Any good injury lawyer should be busy. There's no excuse for not returning calls within a day unless the injury lawyer is at trial or out of the country.
A lawyer that I met years ago once told me that his marketing logo in the future was going to be "Don't let your choice of injury lawyer be your next accident". Don't hesitate to call and tell us about your case. We tell a large of number of injured people who call that bringing a claim may not be the right thing for them. Sometimes we tell folks that they have great claims but another lawyer might be a better choice. If you call Bergeron Clifford, Injury Lawyers, you'll get the straight goods - the best information to make the right decision.